Brett had last Friday off since the stock market's closed on Good Friday. We headed out to the annual Macy's Spring flower show at the downtown Minneapolis Macy's, but when we got there and saw the ridiculously long lines, we opted for letting Stella run around and enjoy the huge lobby of the IDS tower via the skyway downtown. She loved looking down at the buses from the skyway, and sang one of her current favorites, "The Wheels on the Bus".
She loved looking at the fountain at IDS, and we enjoyed some lunch at Cosi.
Easter Sunday was COLD, but we had a good time getting together for lunch at my parents' house after an uplifting/challenging/Gospel-centric sermon by Pastor Glenn. During the worship time, I felt suddenly overwhelmed by the enormity of Christ's sacrifice for my sins, and how amazing it is that he is alive and well, and he's going to come back and collect His people someday. Also, there are times when I'm singing, and I just look around and see all these fellow redeemed people surrounding me, and it's an awesome feeling knowing that not only will we be worshipping God together on earth, but in our heavenly home one day. *chills*
Mom made us a wonderful Easter lunch even though she had been sick all weekend and was really tired. Many of the dishes came from an Ina Garten cookbook, Foolproof. The food was so delicious. One of the sides was sweet potatoes with cayenne pepper and orange juice. Thanks, Mom! She also picked up a princess torte from Wuollet's bakery which was the perfect ending to the meal.
Praising God for an empty tomb and the overflowing, undeserved love of our Savior.





Sarah I get that same overwhelming feeling about our Lord, too! <3
ReplyDeleteAlways love reading your posts, always. real. fresh. uplifting.- thanks!
ReplyDeletelove the pictures of the plants/flowers. Happy April and Happy Birthday, Sarah Johnson ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*
♪ღ♪░H░A░P░P░Y░ B░I░R░T░H░D░A░Y░░♪ღ♪
*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«