Tuesday, April 23, 2013

whirlwind weekend

What a busy weekend! Saturday morning started with a haircut appointment at 9 in the morning. I scheduled it so early because we were slated to view four homes that day. We dropped Stella off at my parents' house, and set out for the house hunt. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail, but we have put in an offer today on one of the homes. I'm trying to keep my expectations in check because we have some competition. I really love this house because of the location, layout, the potential (needs a few cosmetic updates), the quiet neighborhood, mature trees, and the yard. I'm preparing myself for the potential disappointment of not getting it, but I know God will give us grace to find a home. I am hoping we'll get into a new home by summer or summer's end so we can settle in and get things ready before the baby makes his or her debut in November.

After church on Sunday, Stella took a three-hour nap! She may have slept even longer, but we had to wake her up to get ready for a wedding in Stillwater. Friends of ours, Curt and Emilie, got hitched at the Stillwater Historic Courthouse. The ceremony was beautiful, and the food at the reception was so good. There was a social hour between the ceremony and reception, and we were in the mood for some fresh air, and we knew Stella needed to stretch her antsy little toddler legs, so we went for a walk with Susie and Jesse. We got caught in a little rain shower walking back up the steep hills back to the courthouse. Stella thought being rained on was pretty cool! During the reception, a few people gave speeches. Stella's reaction to them: "I go home." Emilie was so sweet and took a few little flowers out of her garland and gave them to Stella. 



She got a little bored during the ceremony.

Stillwater stroll


Stella and Brett chatting with Paul and Curt
Luke flew in from PA to be a groomsman.


I loved the decorations!


Anticipation for the next bite of red velvet cupcake



Pregnancy update: I'll be eleven weeks on Thursday. I'm still battling the fatigue and yucky, yucky nausea. Brett has been wonderful in spite of having been sick and dealing with other stressors. I can't wait to get my energy back and for the nausea to disappear so I can get back to my normal house-managing self. I feel so bad when, after a long, long day at work and then getting dinner for us all and putting Stella to bed, I hear him tackling cleaning the kitchen as I drift off to sleep at 8:30 or 9. We know it's a temporary way of life, but it doesn't make it any less hard.

My first appointment was April 15, and it was such a joy to see the baby on the ultrasound. I know I already shared the picture on Facebook, but I just have to share it again. That little circle/balloon looking thing to the left of the baby is the baby's yolk sac. I believe it feeds the baby or something until the placenta is fully developed and takes over. The yolk sac eventually disappears.



2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I am so happy to hear that you may have found a house. We will pray for you all that it will work out. Hope you start feeling better soon! sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you did have a busy weekend! I'm really hoping that you get the house. that's a great spot and we'd be so excited to have you in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete