Well, here in my neck of the woods, it has been raining, then sleeting, then snowing all morning. Just yesterday, we were enjoying temperatures in the 70s, and now we've dropped to 37 degrees, and we're supposed to stay in the upper 30s to upper 40s throughout the rest of the week. Enough boring weather talk, though. It will get better eventually.
Last weekend, the weather was a dream. Friday night we hung out with new Redeemer friends - four other families who are a lot of fun. I didn't know how long I'd make it into the evening, but I didn't want to miss out on a social gathering, so off we went! I started hitting the nausea/tiredness wall, and that's when I told Brett it was time to leave. I am SO glad we went. Brett was missing out on social time with my having been so sick, and it's great for Stella to get out, too. The Prums are super hospitable hosts, and the others are so fun and lighthearted. One of the couples has an adorable two-month-old baby girl - Stella was fascinated by her, and wanted to hold her. While Claire was hanging out in her baby carseat carrier, Stella talked to her and would stroke her leg if she started to fuss. Claire would start getting smiley and expressive with Stella talking to her, which was so cute. Stella wanted me to hold the baby, so I picked her up, and Stella beamed watching while I bounced the baby and talked to her.


Saturday we lazed around all morning and then ran some errands. After taking her to a park near my parents', Stella napped at my parents' house while we explored the area around the house we put the offer on. They counter-offered, and we accepted; next step is the inspection this Friday. I'm still going to be a little mums-the-word about the house and location (at least on the blog) as I have this fear that it could still fall apart. Our closing date has been set for the end of June. I'll divulge more deets over the coming weeks, especially if things are still looking promising. I will say that we are feeling pretty amazed at how things are coming together so well, and how God has given us nearly all the things on our wish list, one of the big things being the location and that there are three bedrooms on one floor. Still no walk-in closet or master bath, but maybe I'll get those things some day. Ha ha!
 |
| As you can tell, she has transition lens that darken when the light is bright |
In the evening, we ate at D'Amico because I could not stop thinking about their chicken gorgonzola pasta salad. After we ate, Stella ran around this little grassy area in the Golden Valley Commons. There was another young couple with a three or four-year-old and a one-year-old. Stella was very curious to talk to the little thirteen-month-old, but she was a little shy, and kept telling us, "I scared." The little boy would also walk up to her and then run back to his mom. Eventually she warmed up, and walked over to the girl, who was about four, and told her, "I pooping." And she hadn't even pooped, so I don't know what possessed her to say that. Sheesh! Anyway, the other parents started laughing. It was hilarious. The other girl then asked Stella to her birthday party, even though she had just had one. It was such a funny little exchange. I love kids. Stella also got to get up close to a black lab and another dog (I don't know breeds very well); and she and Brett chatted with an elderly man who was sitting by himself on a bench. Turns out he lives in assisted living, and he plays organ for the James J. Hill house as well as for a Lutheran church.
 |
| After mooching off her dad's plate of food, she relaxed with some people-watching (a little boy picking out a cookie at the dessert counter) |
 |
| Sharing an after-dinner Snickerdoodle |
 |
| Checking out either a plane or a flag |
 |
| Being dramatic about smelling the "flowers" |
 |
| Stalking the dogs |
 |
| Chatting with the organ player |
Sunday after church, Stella napped 3 1/2 hours, and then when she was up, Brett set up a chair for us outside, and we watched Brett hand-wash my car. Stella has commented on "Daddy wash the car!" every day since. He also vacuumed it out for me on Saturday, and we watched him do that, too. I am lucky to have a task-oriented husband because it has killed me these last few weeks not being able to clean or do certain things because I am so fatigued and nauseated. He also cleaned the wood floors which were covered in stains from spills. I am still reveling in their clean state four days later.
Last night and tonight Brett will be working late due to presentations over dinner. He has been working so hard outside and inside the home. I feel kind of guilty that I'm not doing much, but I keep telling myself that this soon shall pass, and I will be back as a productive member of this home in no time. I try to get as much done in the morning when I'm feeling more human, and then when the nausea monster hits in the afternoon, I focus on resting and giving myself grace. The fatigue seems to have really gotten worse lately, and I am feeling it as early as mid-morning. I struggled to stay awake during the BSF lecture yesterday morning, and today when I took Stella to the library, my eyelids were so heavy, that we left after only about half an hour. I told Stella I was sorry, but I was just too tired. She immediately commented on the growing baby - like I didn't need to say anything more. She is used to Brett explaining that I'm tired because the baby is growing.
Monday I met up with my friend Sarah and her two boys, James (5) and Sam (3). They are so much fun, and Stella is quite taken with them. She especially likes following James around. They are so sweet with her. If we end up getting our house, we will be about one mile away from them!
 |
| James with Stella |
 |
| Sam |
Signing off for now. I hope your May is starting off on a happy note!
Stella pics never get old! I hope you are back to feeling normal VERY soon!
ReplyDelete