Today was Stella's last day of gym class until the end of August when it starts up again. She received a medal for participation and a note from her teacher. Since we signed up for the fall, they gave us a cute little shirt that says "I do all my own stunts." Her age group this past year was called "Super Beasts", and in August she'll graduate to "Funny Bugs." Another change will be that the parents don't accompany the Funny Bugs to class as they did with their little 2 and 3 year-olds (and younger). We'll be sitting behind the glass window watching them in their class. I'm wondering how Stella will handle this. She can be very shy and pensive in her gym class, and it could be because I'm there with her. She goes to church childcare and BSF all by herself and does fine, so I'm not too worried.


No one in our household has been enjoying quality sleep lately. Stella has difficulty settling down for the night, and then she wakes up at least once in the night, and Grace wakes up, too. Last night Stella was goofing around when she was supposed to be going to sleep. The next thing I knew, I heard her screaming and crying. She somehow hit her nose on the wall or bed and blood was streaming out of her nose. She got so worked up that she puked right into my open hand. Thankfully Brett was home, too, and he held her and got the bleeding to stop while I threw her duvet cover and my clothes into the washing machine.
Yesterday while the babysitter was here, Stella fell asleep on the couch. She had been up late the night before and got up at 5:30 in the morning!
We had a super fun long weekend. Friends came over Sunday night (and I didn't take any pictures-shoot!) and then we went to my parents' house for a Memorial Day grill-out. Stella had so much fun playing with the Zepeda kids. They built a fort out of cushions and would somersault on it to the floor. They would then run over to give Grace a kiss to give them special powers. LOL! So cute and funny.
We bought a double stroller on Saturday at Baby on Grand in Hopkins. Afterward, we took it out in Excelsior and went for a walk with my parents.
Grace test drove this walker thing at the store and LOVED it. Not sure I want to spend $89 on it, though!
Grace has demonstrated a lot of enthusiasm for trying solid food. So far she has sampled sweet potato, squash, and avocado. She loves sweet potato the most, then squash, and she gagged and puked the avocado. Ha!
 |
| Sweet potato |
 |
Avocado
|
Miscellaneous:
 |
| Watching the flowers grow |
 |
| I heard her giggling, and when I investigated, she was wearing my shoes and had grabbed my bag. |
 |
| Oh the fun of crib hangouts! |
 |
| Stella and I had a little outing at the mall - my mom sent along a baggie of coins to throw in the fountain at Ridgedale |
 |
| Polly Pocket doll and pool hand-me-down gifts from the Sweet girls |
 |
| Zoning out and sleepy at the Wayzata library |
 |
| Making sure I saw her tower |
 |
| Kicking to her heart's desire at the baby shower for Baby Alethia |
 |
| New products I've tried from The Honest Company - the wash is great for messy diapers and to keep that area clean in between bath days |
 |
| We couldn't find the dolls' pool, so Stella improvised and shoved them unceremoniously into this small cup |
 |
| Official 6-month post to follow shortly...her 6-month well-child exam is next week |
 |
| Let the feeding begin! |
 |
| Gnawing on an apple |
 |
| "Helping" me push Grace |
 |
| Post-park Caribou sandwich |
Love all the pictures. thanks Sarah for taking the time to post these. sonia
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures and miss you and your sweet girls and husband!! Elaine
ReplyDeleteLove seeing how your sweet girls are doing and what the three of you fill your time with! Wish they could have a little play date with Sybil! xoxo, Bethany
ReplyDelete