Saturday, July 5, 2014

over the last few weeks...

The last couple weeks have been really hard due to Grace's teething and subsequent cold, not to mention her waking up many times at night. Stella went through a rough patch of waking up in the night, too. There have been lots of tears in the last few weeks (mine and the girls), and a general feeling of disconnectedness between Brett and me, so this extended weekend has been so lovely for our little family, and we have a date night planned for the 12th. I have felt so incredibly down recently, and I think most of it is due to lack of sleep. I am not the type of person who can function well on little sleep.


Watching Frozen in bed while sick

Here are some of the better moments that have happened in the thick of the more challenging stretches:

I love these little hands!

Grace inherited my crooked toes










A bit over the top, but I appreciate what they're saying











I am always so grateful for the little breaks of grace in the midst of the hard weeks of loneliness, sickness, and tiredness.

Morning by morning new mercies I see.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you've had so little sleep these past few weeks, Sarah! I don't do well with little sleep either. I hope Gracie's teething starts getting better soon! Love, Bethany

    ReplyDelete