Sunday, July 27, 2014

mill city ruins and family time

After lazing about Saturday morning, I saw an Instagram picture that my sister and brother-in-law Susie and Jesse had posted of their outing to the Mill City Farmers' Marke earlier that morning, and it inspired us to pack up the kiddos and head out there. It was a glorious day to be out, and we had a lot of fun! I am so thankful for the double stroller, which has made our family outings so much easier. Grace is so content to be pushed around, and when Stella gets tired, she can relax in the stroller, too.



this friendly lab licked grace's toes

brett and i shared a smoked salmon and goat cheese omelette, pulled pork nachoes, and mini donuts

how gracie relaxes

enjoying some great iced coffee
the roe family


she began crying when the music got a little loud




stella's rock collection keeps growing!






how cool would it be to live here and sit on your little balcony overlooking the mississippi river every morning

i love a good ivy picture

i love you, fair city of lakes

When we got home, we lay Grace down for a nap, and I picked up a few items from Lakewinds, our neighborhood co-op.

And sneaked out for a little mani/pedi treat...

The color on my toes is not what I wanted, but it's a long story and involves language barrier and my looking at a magazine, and when I looked down, she had painted half my toes that color, and I was running out of time to have her correct it. I wanted mint green on my toes. Lol. I always go for a light color for my fingers because my fingernails are always so short. I don't bite my nails, but they are very weak from all my hand and dish washing, and break easily. I am hoping the Jamberry nails will be helpful in that regard.

We rounded out the day with dinner with family, including Jared and Corinne. We certainly missed Luke and Naomi, and I hope next summer we can all be reunited for a few days.

Brett grilled chicken, brats, and insanely good t-bone steaks that my mom picked up from Byerly's. We all brought sides to share, and everything tasted awesome. Grace sampled chicken, sweet potato, carrot, and she ate a whole cucumber stick! She loves trying everything!


Grace had trouble settling down last night, and then I think I got up twice with her. She is taking her morning nap, so I am home with her to let her sleep while Brett and Stella went to church. 

Brett has to go into work today for at least an hour as they are rearranging their offices a little to accommodate and set up a desk and computer for a new employee who starts tomorrow. 

So far this weekend has been quite nice! I hope you are enjoying yours, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment