Tuesday, June 23, 2015

an evening out


Since becoming parents finding time together, just the two of us, proves to be a challenge, but when we do manage to secure a sitter, and head out, we realize how much we miss each other. 
Sometimes after a period of intense work days, an evening out together can feel like reacquainting ourselves. We sit down to dinner somewhere, and it's quiet and we don't have to go through the process of getting food to the table or keeping at the girls to eat their food and/or not throw it on the floor (Grace), and tell Grace no, we are not going to hold her while we eat. 


We wonder: why don't we do this more often? 


We ask: What have you been thinking about lately?


How can I love you better?


How can I serve you better?


Here are my current fears and challenges.


Good to check in with you.


When can we do this again?


 I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment