Tuesday, June 2, 2015

may in review (3)

Signing up Stella for Little Gym class has been one of our best decisions for her so far. We joined two years ago when she was 2 in a parent/child class. She was so shy and would try things only so often, and would usually turn to me for comfort or to hold her often. This last fall, she was old enough that I didn't have to accompany her to the class. The other parents and I watched through a window in a room adjacent to the gym. Last Thursday Stella's class had a year-end performance where they got to show off their skills in three different stations. Brett and my mom drove over to the Little Gym to see her show, too. 

At the end, a teacher says a little blurb about each kid and gives them a little medal and handwritten note. I teared up when Stella's teacher remarked that Stella's confidence has grown so much and that she listens to the teachers' instructions so well, and she is always willing to try new things. I am so proud of her! I know it seems silly for something like a little kids' gym class, but to see her progress in confidence is so big for me to see because I see how far she has come. I know that when she was fearful in the past she missed out on fun experiences, so it is heartwarming to see her participate and enjoy life more. 









There are moments when they get along so well that my heart just bursts with joy.




Last week one evening our neighbors invited us over for ice cream and Popsicles. The girls had so much fun playing together. They sure love Charlotte!






Stella selected this cute Mini Boden outfit one morning, and even set out her detangling spray, comb, hair tie, and barrette.

Brett's brother Brian was in town for the weekend, and Stella absolutely loved spending time with him. He read her lots of books and made her giggle nearly non-stop! They also played "pirate" with Brett. 









Last Saturday I had the opportunity to attend an alumni concert at St. Olaf College in Northfield, MN with my grandma, dad, Susie, and Jesse. My mom and one of my aunts were among the Manitou singers alumni participating in the concert. The singing was so beautiful and moving.

My parents met at St. Olaf College. They posed for a photo in the exact spot at Boe Memorial Chapel where they met for the first time.


My grandma attended St. Olaf some 66 years ago!




Sunday after church we indulged in brunch at Spasso. Grace felt so proud and grown up drinking her water with a straw. Brett ordered salmon eggs benedict, and I had crab cake eggs benedict. The kiddos had grilled cheese, fruit, eggs, bacon, etc.




While we waited for the check, Stella busied herself by going through my bag and applying lip gloss and brushing her hair with my brush.
I was delighted to cap my weekend with dinner with old friends who I have not gotten to see in a very long time. We ate dinner together and then went for a nice, long walk. We were missing two of our friends: one had a baby just last week, and the other was out of town. There is something so special about good friends that you can just pick up where you left off and go deep in conversation in just a matter of minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment