Well, I turned 30 today and it's going well so far. No gray hairs yet that I know of. Mom took Stella and me to lunch, and besides that, it's just been a pretty low-key day.
Brett threw a party for me on Saturday night (he had help from my mom and Susie). While I knew he was going to have a party, I wanted all the details to be a surprise. They told me to buy a dress, and that's about all I knew! The party ended up being at the
W hotel on the first floor of the historic
Foshay building. The party was in one of the lounges called the living room. I really liked the setup because there was lots of comfortable seating and space to converse, eat, and drink. I was so honored that people dressed up and seemed to have a really nice time. My sister took pictures on her phone and then sent them to me, so I will include some of those. It was kind of dark in there so lighting was tricky for pictures. Brett had ordered some light appetizers from
Manny's. After the party, some of us took the elevator up to
Prohibition to extend the fun a little longer.
 |
| four different kinds of wine |
 |
| my lovely parents (my poor dad was coming down with a sinus infection that night) |
 |
| my dear sister, Susie |
 |
| my cousins Emily and Bethany |
 |
| cousin Emily |
 |
| my cousin, Hans and his wife, Jessica who were just married in February:) |
 |
| bathroom mirror shot with Susie and my cousins (who are sisters) Bethany and Emily |
 |
| Lindsay, Kim, Michelle, me |
 |
| all the small group friends: Katherine (due with baby #3 in October); Jessica with baby Greta; Lindsay; Kim; Michelle |
 |
| my sister-in-law Corinne with Jessica |
 |
| my cousin Hans with my brother Luke |
 |
| red velvet cupcakes...so good! |
 |
| high school friends Erin (due with baby #1 in July) and Joelle (due with baby #3 in June) |
 |
| cousin Bethany with her husband Jon (married last August!) |
 |
| Dad and Jared |
 |
| small group friends Chris and Pete with Brett |
 |
| i love this guy! |
 |
| Lorence/Johnson/Nelson ladies |
 |
| our friend Katie wanted a picture with the Lorence ladies |
 |
| the sibs: Susie, Jared, Sarah, Luke |
 |
| We went upstairs to Prohibition after the party |
 |
TCF Bank building as seen from Prohibition
|
We didn't get a picture of everyone there, but hopefully others will send me pictures eventually. I felt so blessed and loved. Thank you for making my 30th birthday so special!
We had so much fun at your party and were so honored to be invited!! You are so beautiful Sarah!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Bethany
It was such a fun time! I love you, Sarah!
ReplyDelete