Wednesday, April 11, 2012

this and that

Time for another this and that post since my life is just that right now! :)

I love Costa Rica coffee: the Caribou version, the kind at Dogwood, and the cheaper version found at Trader Joe's.

I have been getting into fashion lately. There was quite the long hiatus going on due to pregnancy and feeling like utter you-know-what, but I'm getting my feet wet again in the fashion waters. I am into bright hues since I have pale skin. I am not a fan of pastels, but I am not totally against them. I would really like some mint green skinny cropped pants. I have my eye on a few different pieces (now doesn't that make me sound fashionista-legit?) but would like for them to go on sale first. I tell ya, shopping is a lot more fun when you've lost some weight, but all of a sudden it can be overwhelming financially because you realize nothing lays right or is too baggy and frumpish and almost nothing looks good. In the meantime, I bought a few on-sale shirts to get me through the time it takes to save money for clothes that actually fit me. My jeans look terrible right now, but that's the way it goes.

kate spade flats


pinterest

I am loving the developmental stage Miss Baby Stella is in right now. Oh my goodness. She is a learning sponge. When I read books, she turns her head to watch my lips form the words. She said "ba" on Monday after I said "ball" repeatedly and held her toy ball in front of her. She crawls around like crazy and she is figuring out cause-and-effect whether it be making us laugh or in the mechanical sense. She knows how to do all the actions in the classic children's book, Pat the Bunny and just this week, she puts her arms in the air when I ask her how big she is. She wakes up at 7 so no more sleeping in for us. She is hard work, but rewarding, fun work. :)

Source: tastefully offensive/pinterest

I am going back and forth about trying the nutritional eating lifestyle Whole30. I like the idea of a challenge and eating more vegetables and ridding myself of starch and processed foods. I eat pretty healthy, but I could certainly take it to the next level. But, let's face it, kids: I like my sugar. I have a sweet tooth. I have scaled back on the sugar, but I like to have a little nip of something sweet now and then, even if it's just the dark chocolate chips in Kashi oatmeal cookies. I only drink water and coffee, so I am not addicted to soda or sugar in coffee, but I love the occasional dessert or Hershey's kiss or something. Oh, what to do, what to do.

I've been more interested in cooking these days. I feel more confident. I'm at the gathering recipes and researching phase, and then I plan on getting organized. I need a better system for organizing recipes. What do you do? Do you use the ol' recipe file or do you use a binder? What are your favorite things to make? I realized recently that I have more dessert recipes than dinner/entree recipes. That needs to change!

Brett and I just finished watching seasons 1 and 2 of White Collar on Netflix. We don't know when season 3 will get to Netflix and we're kind of in withdrawal! We usually catch 30 Rock (can I get a BLERG!), Community, and Up All Night on Hulu since those shows are on small group night. What are your fave shows?

Happy Wednesday. Two more days to the weekend! Not that we should live for the weekend but, let's face it, we do anyway. bahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment