Saturday, April 28, 2012

so yeah, about Whole30

Well, just a couple days ago I wrote a big ol' post about Brett and my doing Whole30. Now we're not and, if you were expecting to read my updates, you won't be getting them now. The more I thought about doing it, the more stressed out and crabby I felt. I was putting an arbitrary task before me and borrowing anxiety, and I just didn't think it was worth it. I actually feel like a failure, which is stupid. Brett and I are doing a modified kind of Whole30: we are resolved to eat as many whole foods as we can - especially dinners and lunches. We want to be more proactive about making really healthy meals that include lots of vegetables. This will make for more prep work, but that's okay. We can do it. Being that we are human, though, we will enjoy a treat here and there, and we aren't going to beat ourselves up for wanting that.

I have decided to go back to tracking what I eat on MyFitnessPal since it is such a great tool and has helped me in the past. I like that I can see how many vitamins and things like calcium, protein, carbohydrates, fat, etc. I consume daily so that I can make sure to cool it on the unhealthy stuff and see if I'm getting enough of the good stuff.

Do you have an eating plan? Do you over-think food like I do? Is this an American thing or does it cross cultures?

2 comments:

  1. don't be discouraged. really. and don't feel like a failure. i've been going a little crazy with sweets - my doctor talked to me about pregnancy weight gain and i'm trying to eat carefully, too. i think i'm just realizing that i'll always have to watch what i eat, i'll never be able to just coast. but that's okay. i'm glad you found a good tool that helps you!

    ReplyDelete