Friday, January 25, 2013

psst...to all you bloggers out there

I love this post by blogger Casey, who lives in Germany with her husband who serves in the air force. She says some great things about blogging and all the hard work that goes into it, and how it is nice to receive comments because (and I agree with her) one of the reasons she blogs is to interact with people.

Speaking of blogging, we all love receiving comments, so make it easier for your followers and turn off the word verifications. Thank you. To quote Casey again:

This is a quick note to tell all you CAPTCHA bloggers to simply...stop it. I'm not a spam bot, just a girl who wants to leave you a comment without having to give my computer the stink eye just trying to decipher those tiny, blurry letters! My annoyance with CAPTCHA (a.k.a. word verification) is just about up there with that unsightly jar of nickels sitting on my dresser. I want to tell you I love your new dress and how I'm gonna try that chicken recipe you posted...but I'm not going to jump through hoops to do so. 
Check out this post for step by step instructions on how to turn that darn thing off. 
Your followers will thank you. Promise.


This is how you turn off word verification (source: Erin at Living in Yellow):


 Word verification.
Take it off.
Like now. 
 I get excited when I about to leave somebody a comment, and the minute I see that stupid box with words that I can’t read staring me in the face, my head gets full of cuss words.
And I don’t even cuss people.
Make it easy for us commenting folk and remove it would ya?
To do so-follow these instructions:


4 comments:

  1. haha...I thought I had this turned off but I'm very grateful for the heads up because I checked and now I changed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bloggers helping bloggers :) and please don't think i was targeting you - I was addressing the blogosphere in general. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
    2. didn't' think that at all...on the contrary...thankful for the reminder:)

      Delete
  2. just turned mine off...i also didn't realize it was on! thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete