The three-ingredients-only almond butter-egg-banana pancakes kept me full until lunch time. My meal at lunch was a hastily-prepared salad with a hard-boiled egg, rotisserie chicken left over from last night's dinner, and shredded carrots. I whipped up this dressing in the Magic Bullet. The strawberry balsamic vinaigrette tasted pretty good, but next time I will not put in as much chopped shallot because it was so strong.
An hour later or so was when things got dicey. Stella randomly decided she didn't need a nap today, so I never had a chance to add more to my lunch meal (usually she is napping when I eat lunch). Prior to Whole30, I would have grabbed a mozzarella string cheese or eaten a protein bar or some yogurt, but since none of those things are acceptable on the eating plan, I ate some raw, unsalted almonds and a small apple later that afternoon. Drinking some more coffee and peppermint tea at different points in addition to drinking water whenever the thought occurred to me helped carry me through to dinner. I made this chicken with sweet potatoes and green beans. For some reason, I can't get the picture of dinner to rotate properly, so I'm not going to post it. This meal really hit the spot, and I'm feeling satiated two hours later.
Truth be told: so far, I hate it. My brain and body are out of whack and not communicating what truly feeling full is, and I'm missing sugar and other things. I'm trying to take this one day at a time. I am thankful Brett is doing it with me because it's harder than you'd think. He texted me this afternoon how much he wanted sugar. I haven't experienced any headaches yet, but Brett is starting to get one this evening.
I won't be posting every day or about every meal (don't worry-that would be incredibly dull), but I did want to share how the first day has transpired. Tomorrow is BSF and we are having a little fellowship beforehand. Someone is going to bring a treat to share...guess who will be declining that reluctantly? :) Apparently, this is the unofficial timeline of what is going on with your cravings and feelings during the span of 30 days on Whole30. I needed the laugh.


No comments:
Post a Comment